It’s Memorial Day! So, I will be sharing with you a list of ten books based upon wars. They are stories of honor and courage whether they tell of the soldiers fighting or the common man or woman trying to survive in a time of war. Five are fiction and the rest are nonfiction.
A big thank you to all of those who have served and continue to serve our country.
Let’s get this book list started. They are in no particular order.
- The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
- Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
- The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin
- Civil War Love Stories by Gill Paul
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- The Forgotten 500 by Gregory A. Freeman