It only took over a year but I have finally published 100 posts.
My 100th post was a book review for Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare which I posted on July 12th. This post actually commemorating the occasion will be post number 102 but I feel like hitting one hundred posts is a milestone for me that I need to acknowledge. And with that, I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of my followers who continue to support this blog.
To observe this milestone with a special little something I have created a small collage of images from some of my previous posts.
It’s Memorial Day! So, I will be sharing with you a list of ten books based upon wars. They are stories of honor and courage whether they tell of the soldiers fighting or the common man or woman trying to survive in a time of war. Five are fiction and the rest are nonfiction.
A big thank you to all of those who have served and continue to serve our country.
Let’s get this book list started. They are in no particular order.
- The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
- Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
- The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin
- Civil War Love Stories by Gill Paul
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- The Forgotten 500 by Gregory A. Freeman
In celebration of the holiday I created a video.But first I would like to thank all of my followers for a fantastic eight months. Enjoy!